EventsThere are no upcoming events at this time.
Ray Wagners Law Firm
Important letter about Class Action on behalf of former students against Province of Nova Scotia and Atlantic Special Education Authority.
Click the PDF above to view/download, or Click HERE
Recruiting Board Members
Hello, The Society of Deaf & Hard Of Hearing Nova Scotians (Cape Breton Chapter) are searching for Board Members for the upcoming 2019-20 Year. If you are interested in joining please contact, or visit the office and speak to a representative. Cape Breton Office details below .
The Society of Deaf & Hard Of Hearing Nova Scotians (Cape Breton Chapter) are happy to announce that we are looking to for an individual between the ages of 15 – 30, interested in a Summer work positon for the organization as a Handbook Developer.
SOCIETY OF DEAF AND HARD OF HEARING NOVA SCOTIANS
CANADA JOBS POSITION – VOLUNTEER HANDBOOK DEVELOPER
START DATE: June 24, 2019
END DATE: August 16, 2019 (8 weeks)
HOURS: 8:30am-4:30pm (35 hours)
Rate: $11.55 / hour
Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Review Society’s current policies and procedures
- Research existing non-profit organization’s volunteer handbooks
- Create a Volunteer Training Handbook to reflect the goals, values, and mission of the Society of Deaf and Hard of Hearing Nova Scotians
- Utilize the training manual into a volunteer training power point
- General office duties
- Other duties as deemed necessary
The individual hired during this period under the Canada Summer Jobs Program must be:
- Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- Is a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* and
- Is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
*International students are not eligible. Recent immigrants are eligible if they are Canadian Citizens or permanent residents.
- Post secondary education preferred
- Excellent command of the spoken and written English
- Proven experience in research and document collection
- Proven organization skills
- Proven computer skills in Microsoft programs
- Reports to Regional Manager
Submit resume and cover letter c/o Regional Manager to email@example.com by May 31, 2019. Type “summer job” in subject line. No phone calls please.